Monkeying around with coloured pencils

 



This is a silverback gorilla in coloured pencils. As you can see, I've been a bit liberal with the colours I've used, straying from the authentic black with a silvery back, but instead using a mixture of blues, yellows and browns. I used the Faber-Castell watercolour pencils for this and I've included pictures of the artwork before and after adding water to it.I pretty much 'freewheeled' it according to what looked right to me, which is why there may be a few errors here and there. If you have any tips on how to improve, I would welcome it. When I think of these magnificent creatures, I'm always reminded of those scenes from Baby's Day Out when the gorilla at the zoo protects Baby Boo from the bad guys while he takes his afternoon nap. [She certainly deserved much better than that cage she was in but thankfully we know better now.]  The parental instinct is strong with these ones. ~ Kate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting off...

Has anybody seen my glasses?

All puffed up