Starting off...

This is a joint blog I shall write with my sister, Kate. We like to draw things and we're making this an exhibition space. I'm going to start it off with a sketch-book drawing. I tend to use ball-point pens for drawing and felt-tips for quick colour. It is limiting, but I prefer to work quickly. 

I've always thought that decent things can be done with cheap materials. These are not simply felt-tips, but have been fashioned as brush-pens. In the particular set that I have, which is available for use at schools, there were four greens, the deep green you see in the hair, a more viridian that is the lighter green in the hair, a sap green which is in the face and the a fluorescent type of highlighter green that is the most vivid. There was also a lot of this brilliant pink that I don't use very much, except as a background to force out green subjects. As here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has anybody seen my glasses?

All puffed up